Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cady Groves, Cash Cash, The Audition, and Stereo Skyline at The Door, Plano, TX

Last week, Stereo Skyline's Stuck on Repeat Tour came to The Door in Plano, TX. On top of seeing Stereo Skyline again, I got to see a little bit of Cady Groves, Cash Cash, and The Audition. What I really loved about the bands on this tour in general is how unique they are from each other. I love going to shows where all of the bands are not the same; it gives me the opportunity to find new bands and music that I might be interested in.

I had heard of Cady Groves from her feature on Musiqtone a little while back. We got there just for the end of one song, but from what I heard of her live, she is awesome. I got to talk to her for a few minutes, and she was really sweet and seems so down to earth.

For more Cady Groves, check out her myspace, twitter, youtube, and blog.

I had only heard of Cash Cash a little before this tour started, but I later realized that I had heard some of their music without knowing that it was them. They came on with so much energy; they seem like such a fun band, totally in to party and have a great time. They reminded me of Cobra Starship, rocking out in true Jersey fashion. They have an awesome cover of "Forever Young" which I am pretty much in love with. They also played Electric Heart, Party in Your Bedroom, and Sugar Rush. I really love this band's energy and can't wait to see more of them.

For more Cash Cash, check out their official site, myspace, facebook, twitter, and youtube.



The Audition had a heavier more rock sound that I really enjoyed. Again, I thought I had never heard them before, but then I realized that I knew the last song that they played. They had awesome vocals and harmony which really made their songs better than just lyrics that they sing every night. They played a great set including "You'll Ruin This", "Helter Skelter", and "Don't Be So Hard". The crowd really fed into them and kept the energy up.

For more The Audition, check out their official site, myspace, facebook, twitter, tumblr.



I had seen Stereo Skyline once before when I was up at Syracuse, and I have to say (and I told them this) that they were so much better on this tour than they were the last time I saw them. CJ actually agreed with me when I told him this. They just released a new album called "Stuck on Repeat" and are touring to promote that album. They played some of their older songs and some from the new album as well including "A Little More Us", "Tongue Tied", "Over It", and "Me and You". They came out with so much energy and the crowd loved them. They had the audience going for their whole set and even hung out afterward with everyone who was able to stay.

For more Stereo Skyline, check out their official site, myspace, facebook, twitter, and youtube.









For more videos from this and other shows, check out my youtube channel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was at that concert :D (i found your blog after I searched cady groves on google and recognized the background of your pictures)

I would have to say it was my favorite night of the summer!

I also saw myself a couple times in your videos :D

Thanks for posting :D