Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dallas Zoo



When my friend, S came into town a few months ago, we decided to go to the Dallas Zoo. It's been a couple of years since I've been to a zoo (I think the last zoo I went to was 5 years ago, in Israel). You'd think, two twenty somethings going to a zoo, that we would be pretty bored, but it was actually a great time.

The Dallas Zoo has a lot of cool things to see and do there. In addition to the usual zoo experiences, the Dallas Zoo boasts the Giants of the Savannah, an awesome feature of native African animals. You can even feed giraffes lettuce and eat lunch right up against the window to the cheetahs. Another cool thing is their monorail ride. This monorail takes you on a tour through environmental ecosystems of the world and meet some of the animals that are native to these environments. You can also feed birds, touch reptiles and learn a lot about all of the animals in the zoo.

Feeding the giraffes was fun.

I also pet a snake


Goat


Pig



There are no pictures of me feeding birds because i FREAKED out when the birds flew at me...I am so scared of birds, but I was trying to face this fear...it didn't work and made me hate them even more. Here is S feeding birds

1 comment:

Kristina @ Peaches Reviews said...

The zoo looks fun!!!

Following you back from the Mid Week Mingle.