Monday, April 2, 2012

Motivation Monday: Run Baby Run




I decided last week that I want to use my effort to get in shape to help others...obviously I'm talking 5K's here. In order to keep myself in check and raise money for those who may not be able to walk or run, I have decided to do (at least) 1 5K every month...I'm not focusing on the money going into it, I'm focusing on what I will get out of it and who I am helping. This month, I have actually run in 3 5K's (okay, I had to make up for February, take care of March and get April done since I am booked to the max). Each 5K benefitted a different and well deserved cause and charity.

I guess you could say that I'm a runner because I do run, but I'm going to be honest and say that I have yet to run a complete 5K. On March 24, I ran 2 miles...on Saturday, I ran 2.25 in the morning 5K and 2.3 miles of the evening one. My plan is to progress enough to finally hit that 5K mark...Once I hit that, I'll start working on my speed. With that said, speed and distance are not the reasons that I run these. The true reason that I register and attend-even if I walk the whole thing-is to give attention and help to a cause that I care about...It's an all around great feeling to reach the finish line and know that you've done something good for yourself and that you've helped out a great cause at the same time.

You don't have to be a serious runner to run 5K's...you don't even have to be able to run the whole thing...find a cause that you care about, or an event that looks fun and go for it! It will give you something to practice for and train for....a reason for all of your trips to the gym. Sign up with your friends; yeah, the events usually are early, but they're worth it...for you and for the overall cause.

I also added a page to the side of my blog called "Healthy and Unstoppable" I'll list any weight loss progress, upcoming 5Ks, and completed 5K's in this page. Feel free to check it out if you're interested.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awaiting more posts!
http://www.businesstraveltours.com is my blog.

Anonymous said...

Thats good, your blog is cool, i like it. Thanks for the efforts my friend.